School Year 2022-2023
The kindergarten application deadline is January 18, 2022.
- Zoned with siblings currently enrolled at P.S./I.S. 78Q
- After School Office Hours
- Parent Workshops
- Our curriculum addresses the NYS Next Generation Standards.
- We believe in “Educating the Whole Child”.
- Students are evaluated in each content area in September.
- Current Cluster Programs: Physical Education, Art, Spanish, Music, and Technology.
- Students with Disabilities and English as a New Language students needs are addressed.
- Social-Emotional Learning.
Ready Gen Program
- Designed to provide students with multiple opportunities to interact with complex topic-based texts.
- The individual titles within the text sets are focused around a common topic.
read across multiple texts to comprehend, compare, and develop deep, core understandings and key insights.
- Provides ample opportunities for students to write about what they’ve read.
- Focuses on general academic vocabulary with opportunities for reuse in multiple contexts.
- Teacher reads aloud and students join in.
- Strategies are used to build reading skills by using word by word reading, story predictions, vocabulary and sight words.
- Children learn a variety of strategies to become stronger readers.
- Teacher models how to be a good writer.
- Students learn through a mini-lesson.
- Students will be writing narrative stories, opinion pieces, and informative/explanatory pieces.
- Envisions 2.0 program – problem-based learning and differentiated support for all level of learners.
- Students are doers of math – they will show and explain how to solve problems in different ways.
- Students are supported as they advance from concrete to abstract content through the use of models and math talk prompts.
- Independent, small group, and whole-group activities.
Amplify Science Curriculum
Integrates the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS).
Amplify Science is not topic-driven but phenomena driven (something observed in nature). Students are introduced to the unit problem, set in the context of a real-world experience. Through repetition of DO, TALK, READ, WRITE, and VISUALIZE, the students will understand the real-life experience.
If someone else is picking up your child, please make sure you write a note in the morning and/or call the office.
That person MUST have ID and MUST be over the age of 18, otherwise we cannot release your child and we will have to call you.