- The SHSAT will be administered at our school on January 27, 2021 (no remote option).
- Registration to take the test closes on Friday, January 15, 2021.
- Students will rank these schools (ahead of time) in order of true preference on their registration form on MySchools.
- Tickets will be given to students for SHSAT through school.
- Test is 180 minutes with no breaks. If students get extended time, it is 360 with 2 fifteen minute breaks.
- ELA – 53 multiple-choice, Math – 52 multiple choice, and 5 “grid-in” questions.
La Guardia Auditions
- Deadline to register for auditions is February 23rd
- Auditions must be submitted remotely by March 1st
- Students will upload these using the audition admissions tool at schools.nyc.gov/HSAuditions (not open for submissions yet)
- Same tool used for all arts high schools
- Please make sure you have an active MySchools Account
- Be sure to look at each schools admissions priorities (example: some schools have a borough priority based on student address)
- Diversity in admissions initiative- eligible for low-income families. Determined by the lunch form. This can be found in Myschools. 20+ high schools giving priority to these students. Schools offering this can be found in the students MySchools – it’s listed until ‘more filters’. Please make sure you submitted a lunch form through myschoolapps.com.
- Screened schools
- can look at final 6th grade grades,
- 7th grade grades through February
- 6th grade state test scores
- virtual interviews/portfolios (if required)
- Attendance/punctuality will not be looked at for this admissions cycle – except by LaGuardia
- Ed. Opt admissions method is a reading category that will be based on the 3 areas listed in the bullets above (low, middle, or high)
- 10 or more applicants = high demand program
- All applications are due by February 23, 2021. Application portal opens on January 19, 2021
- Offer letters released in late spring/summer and waitlists open.